Picnics in the Park
The picnic schedule for the summer of 2018 has not been set. The summer picnics typically kick off on Memorial Day and are generally held every two (2) weeks thereafter until Labor Day.
The schedule will be posted here in the spring.
See the Event Archive for pictures from past picnics.
Attending a Picnic
Picnics in the park are open to all residents and their guests. Please bring a side
dish or dessert, and $3/person for the kitty. Also remember to bring your own drinks,
as well as blankets and/or lawn chairs. Plates, utensils and napkins are provided, but
bringing your own is also greatly appreciated!
Keep in mind that our picnics are held in a public city park, in which alchoholic
beverages are not permitted. Please use discretion.
No dogs please.
Hosting a Picnic
The responsibilities of a picnic host are as follows:
- Make arrangements for main course and/or picnic theme
- Create and distribute a flyer
- Include theme/main dish, time, donation to kitty
- Copy to all residents (all housing units)
- Distribute between Tuesday and Thursday prior to picnic date
- Enlist help to set-up
- Arrange to get picnic supplies, inventory prior to
date and replenish if needed
- Find a sponsor, if possible. If no sponsor is found just use the "kitty"
to reimburse yourself